KOA Building18500 East Colfax Avenue
Aurora, CO 80011
The KOA Building, currently owned by the Colorado Department of Transportation, was built in 1934 when KOA Radio moved their transmitter and offices to rural Aurora. This beautiful Art Deco style building housed the first radio station in Colorado, the “King of Agriculture,” heard from the Canadian border along the eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains, and down into southern New Mexico.
- East Metro Region