Waterfowl Preserve at Generals Park

1561 Quentin Street
Aurora, CO 80045

Historically known as the Waterfowl Preserve, this pond was originally part of the Gutheil Park Nursery. The area was designated a preserve in the 1920’s after the commanding officer of Fitzsimons received a pair of mallard ducks as a gift. The pond was stocked for recreational fishing and was visited by President Dwight Eisenhower, who spent time at Fitzsimons General Hospital recuperating from a heart attack in 1955.

Category:
Landmarks