Visit Aurora is HiringGroup Sales Manager Position Now Open
Reports To: Director of Sales and Marketing
- Position reports directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing of Aurora non-profit destination marketing organization Visit Aurora, Inc.
- Primary responsibility for this position will be proactively identifying meetings / conventions and other opportunities for assigned markets that drive overnight visitors, identifying leads, making cold calls, in person sales calls, distributing leads to Visit Aurora partners, compiling sales/bid presentations, and collaborating with partners and clients to win business.
- Position will work with hotel sales teams to identify areas/seasons of need for properties and focus sales efforts on weak/shoulder seasons.
- Position will develop relationships and collaborate with partners including hotels, event and meeting venues, attractions, etc.
- Position will join the Director of Sales and Marketing in creating an annual as well as long-range sales plan for the DMO and will work to execute the plan in selling Aurora as a destination to overnight visitors.
- Group Sales Manager will collaborate with the Director of Sales and Marketing on local initiatives to encourage area groups to host statewide conventions, meetings, trainings, etc. in the Aurora market.
- Group Sales Manager will provide monthly updates of sales initiatives to Visit Aurora Board of Directors.
- Competitive benefits program and 401K
Full-time salaried position which requires some night and weekend work as well as some travel; Degree or previous DMO experience preferred; Previous sales and/or marketing experience a plus; Must be team-oriented and willing to work in fast-paced/goal-driven environment.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and three references to Justin Clark, Director of Sales and Marketing, Visit Aurora, Inc., at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 21st, 2017.