Exploring Aurora, Colorado: A Weekend Wonderland
Welcome to the vibrant city of Aurora, Colorado, where the majestic Rocky Mountains provide a breathtaking backdrop to an array of exciting weekend activities. Whether you're a nature enthusiast, a foodie seeking diverse culinary experiences, an art aficionado, or a thrill-seeker looking for adrenaline-pumping adventures, Aurora has something special in store for you.
Nestled just east of Denver, Aurora boasts a perfect blend of urban amenities and natural wonders, making it an ideal destination for a memorable weekend getaway. As the third-largest city in the state, it is teeming with attractions and activities that cater to all ages and interests. From tranquil parks and serene lakes to bustling markets and cultural hotspots, Aurora promises an enriching and entertaining experience for locals and visitors alike.
In this blog, we'll be your ultimate guide to the best things to do during the weekend in Aurora. Whether planning a solo escapade, a romantic retreat, or a fun-filled family adventure, we've got you covered. Join us as we dive into the heart of this vibrant city, discovering hidden gems, local favorites, and must-visit landmarks that will make your weekend in Aurora an unforgettable journey.
So, pack your bags, put on your exploring shoes, and dive into the countless wonders Aurora, Colorado has to offer. Your weekend adventure awaits!
- Blues In The Night, Aurora Fox Theater, Through October 8th
- This Artist Isn't Real, East Colfax Gallery & Studio, September 29th
- Bedtime Stories With Morgana, Gaylord Rockies, Through October 30th
- This Art Isn't Real, East Colfax Gallery & Studio, September 29th
- Twisted Anniversary Party, A Bit Twisted Brew Pub & BBQ, September 29th
- S'mores On The Shore, Aurora Reservoir, September 29th - October 6th
- Trivia and Game Show Night, Parkside Eatery and Bar, September 30th
- Film On The Field "Coco", Stanley Marketplace, September 30th
- Halloween Bingo Challenge, Tallyn's Reach Library, October 1st Through 30th
- Nick's Fall Fest, Nick's Garden Center, October 1st - October 31st
- Cabaret, Vintage Theater, October 1st
- Botswana Independence Celebration, September 30th
- Southlands Farmer's Market, September 30th
- Moon Festival, Jade Mountain Brewery, September 30th
- Nigerian Independence Day, ABLE Event Center, October 1st
- The Runway Project Model Workshop, Factory Fashion, September 30th
- Ancient Arts Wing Chun, Aurora Cultural Arts District, September 30th
- Rescue Puppy Yoga, Vibe Yoga + Wellness, October 1st
Find more events in Aurora here.
- Start your day with breakfast at the Gaylord Rockies, a stunning resort that offers several dining options, including the Mountain Pass Sports Bar and Vista Montagne.
- Take a hike at the Star K. Ranch.
- After breakfast, head to Southlands for some shopping and entertainment. This outdoor mall and lifestyle center features over 150 stores, restaurants, and a movie theater.
- Visit the Town Center at Aurora, a popular indoor mall that offers a variety of shopping, dining, and entertainment options.
- Head to the Aurora Reservoir for an afternoon at the beach.
- Take a break and explore the nearby Aurora Cultural Arts District. This vibrant area features galleries, theaters, and public art installations.
- For dinner, head to the Stanley Marketplace, a trendy food hall and shopping destination that features over 50 local businesses, including Cheluna Brewing Company and Sweet Cow Ice Cream.
- Venture to Havana Street and explore dozens of international eateries. Afar magazine named "On Havana Street" one of the top ten culinary neighborhoods in the nation!
- Start your day with breakfast at Denver Biscuit Company, a popular restaurant that serves hearty Southern-style breakfast dishes. Or try Dozens, Sams Number 3, or the Black Bear Diner for hearty local flavors.
- Visit the Aurora History Museum to learn about the city's past and present. The museum offers exhibits on local history, culture, and art, as well as educational programs and events.
- Take a walk in the Morrison Nature Center, a tranquil nature preserve that offers trails, birdwatching, and environmental education.
- Enjoy dinner at Annette, a farm-to-table restaurant located in Stanley Marketplace that offers creative, seasonal dishes made with locally sourced ingredients, helmed by a James Beard Award Winning Chef.
This is just a small sampling of Aurora's offerings. Get more things to do here.