VISIT AURORA: AWESOME AND UNEXPECTED.
As the Aurora, Colorado official destination-marketing organization, Visit Aurora has a mission to showcase the incredible, unique experiences Aurora has to offer visitors. Did you know that tourism saves each household in Aurora hundreds of dollars in taxes per year? Here are a few other facts and figures that illustrate tourism’s impact on Aurora and Colorado:
- Colorado tourism is a $19 billion-a-year industry.
- Tourism supports 7,000 jobs in Aurora and generates $25 million in state taxes and $22 million in local taxes.
- Visit Aurora works with 46 hotel partners, which include over 9,000 rooms.
- Aurora’s major airport—Denver International Airport—is less than a five-hour flight from all major metropolitan U.S. cities.
- Denver International Airport serves over 52 million travelers annually.
- Aurora is home to more than 100 parks, 50 miles of trails, and two gorgeous reservoirs—not to mention the 6,000 acres of open space.
- Known for its delicious flavors, Aurora has more than 250 independently operated ethnic restaurants.
- Libations abound. Aurora is also home to 8 local breweries.
- In fact, 1.75 million barrels of craft beer are produced in Colorado every year (third most in the U.S.).
- Aurora has meeting space in spades. The city currently boasts over 136,000 square feet of meeting space, and that’s before the arrival of Gaylord Rockies.
- The newest transportation option, the R Line (also known as the Aurora Line) connects to DIA and runs through Aurora adjacent to I-225, spanning 22 miles in total.
- Golfers, rejoice. Aurora offers 11 championship golf courses to play, as well as an 18-hole executive course.
- Recognized as the Healthcare Capital of Colorado, Aurora is home to a number of important medical facilities, including University of Colorado Hospital, CU School of Medicine, Children’s Hospital Colorado, Medical Center of Aurora, Nighthorse Campbell Centers for American Indian and Alaska Native Health, Rocky Mountain Lions Eye Institute, and Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital.
- The Anschutz Medical Campus encompasses 578 acres of healthcare, education, and research facilities, serving more than a million patients every year.