Coal Creek Schoolhouse

170 South Chambers Road - Ward III
Aurora, CO

Generations of children growing up on the prairie surrounding Aurora attended school in a one-room schoolhouse. The original Coal Creek Schoolhouse, located near the Edward Smith Farm, burned to the ground in 1927, and this replacement was constructed during the following year. The school taught grades one through eight and also served as a community center until 1960

Category:
Landmarks