Marshall Cowing House1580 Dallas Street
Aurora, CO 80010
Marshall Cowing was the original owner of 1580 Dallas Street. The McDowell family, owners of the Acacia Pharmacy on East Colfax Avenue, occupied this home in 1916. William H. Hawkins, another owner, became Aurora’s first paid fire chief in 1956. Until this time, the fire department had been organized and operated by volunteers.
- East Metro Region