Melvin School4950 S. Laredo St.
Aurora, CO 80015
This two-room schoolhouse originally served the outlying community of Melvin. In 1949, the structure was moved to make way for the Cherry Creek Reservoir. After 17 years of use as a tavern, the Cherry Creek Valley Historical Society moved the school to its current location on the grounds of Smoky Hill High School. The building is owned and maintained by the Cherry Creek School District.
Built: 1922 • Landmarked: 1986