Location: Vintage Theatre
1468 Dayton St.
Aurora, CO 80010
This event has expired and is here for your information.
One Night Stand Theater invites you to travel back in time for an evening of mystery and suspense from the Golden Age of Radio in “Ghosts of the Radio” on Sunday, October 2, 7:30 p.m. at Vintage Theatre in Aurora.
This one-night-only production features short plays from, and inspired by, radio dramas of the 1930s and 1940s:
• An amateur psychic unleashes terror in “Ghost Party.”
• A small-town girl learns the dangers of gossip in “The Boogey Man Will Get You.”
• Murder and boxing spell trouble for a reluctant sleuth in “Pat Novak…For Hire”
• A romantic falls for the wrong woman in “Queen of the Cats.”
• The perils of the North challenge the many talents of “Leonard McGillicutty, Polar Explorer.”
“These old-time radio shows showcase a different era of entertainment,” says James O’Leary, artistic director of One Night Stand Theater. “This is our first old-time radio show in five years, and we’re looking forward to the audience and the cast having fun with these tales of thrills and chills along with our homemade sound effects and bogus commercial sponsors.”
One Night Stand Theater is a Denver-area theater company that has presented one-night-only evenings of theatrical staged readings for over 12 years, each with its own theme. Performances have featured history, mythology, science fiction, old-time radio, social issues, the arts, and plays about religion, love, world travel, and the supernatural.