Visit Aurora is Hiring
Group Sales Manager will collaborate with the Director of Sales and Marketing on local initiatives to encourage area groups to host statewide conventions, meetings, trainings, etc. in the Aurora market.
Reports To: Director of Sales and Marketing
- Position reports directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing of Aurora non-profit destination marketing organization Visit Aurora, Inc.
- Primary responsibility for this position will be proactively identifying meetings / conventions and other opportunities for assigned markets that drive overnight visitors, identifying leads, making cold calls, in person sales calls, distributing leads to Visit Aurora partners, compiling sales/bid presentations, and collaborating with partners and clients to win business.
- Position will work with hotel sales teams to identify areas/seasons of need for properties and focus sales efforts on weak/shoulder seasons.
- Position will develop relationships and collaborate with partners including hotels, event and meeting venues, attractions, etc.
- Position will join the Director of Sales and Marketing in creating an annual as well as long-range sales plan for the DMO and will work to execute the plan in selling Aurora as a destination to overnight visitors.
- Group Sales Manager will collaborate with the Director of Sales and Marketing on local initiatives to encourage area groups to host statewide conventions, meetings, trainings, etc. in the Aurora market.
- Group Sales Manager will provide monthly updates of sales initiatives to Visit Aurora Board of Directors.
- Competitive benefits program and 401K
Full-time salaried position which requires some night and weekend work as well as some travel; Degree or previous DMO experience preferred; Previous sales and/or marketing experience a plus; Must be team-oriented and willing to work in fast-paced/goal-driven environment.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and three references to Justin Clark, Director of Sales and Marketing, Visit Aurora, Inc., at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 21st, 2017.